Poll: Was this useful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
1 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NeverWare CloudReady - System read/wright permission
Exclamation 
So, most likely why wou ended up here would be for the reason you have installed CloudReady from neverware and something probably easy fixable by having R/W on system patition.

BEWARE! WARNING!

If you don't know what you are doing, and don't know how to fix it, Don't do anything! This could potentially end with disaster/bricking your device entirely! I don't take any responsibility for you using this guide and fiddling around in your system partition in any way! If you proceed with this you'r on your own! I can't help you if anything would happen to your device!

Why would anyone want read/wright permissions to system partition?

Well, for some stuff to actually work you will need R/W permissions to system for such as flatpak apps, and yes, that is actually working in CloudReady! It's so cool to run Spotify on my old scrap Netbook! Also, i have heard that it's possible to extract ARcore from any chrome os img to run Android apps on some chromium os installs (not sure this works, not entirely sure what files are actually related to that feature) among that it's also possible to change some UI elements such as boot animations and stuff like that.
So, with that out of the way, we can now proceed with this guide.

To gain access to R/W in our system we have to disable the verification in the system (make sure you are in developer mode)

To disable the security checks we type the following in the terminal and the device should reboot after the last line:
Code:
shell
sudo su -
sudo disable_verity
sudo reboot

when finally booted up type:
Code:
shell
sudo su -
mount -o remount,rw /

Congratulations! You now have full system read/wright permissions in your system!

Be careful not to do anything stupid now! I don't take any responsibility for any damage this might cause!